« Home | Alanis Morrissette : "So Called Chaos" (HQ MP3, FU... » | Fiona Apple : "Extraordinary Machine" (2006, HQ MP... » | My Friends » | Mirror of MY Soul » | Goal-Free LivingHere is an article that will be ap... » | Mirror Of Your Soul »

Lindsay Lohan : "A Little More Personal (Raw)" (2006, HQ MP3, FULL CD)



DON'T BELIEVE THE HATERS! THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD STUFF!

A good album to sing along to, Lindsay's sophomore release is perhaps best downloaded (LEGALLY please :-) ) as individual tracks after you listen to clips online. A lot of the songs are mediocre, but the good ones are REALLY good. As in, I had them on REPEAT for weeks. The breakdown:

1. "Confessions of a Broken Heart": powerful retelling of her broken relationship with her father. Memorable chorus. 8/10.

2. "Black Hole": Very relatable "why did you change, we're not in love anymore" breakup-ish song. Some of the lyrics don't rhyme, which seems kind of like a lack of effort on the writers' part, and some seem cliche: "I don't need those sneakers or that money after all/I'll trade them for an old message you called." Average to kind of good--6/10.

3. "I Live For the Day": Catchy, uptempo rock-y song, one of my favorites. About wanting your ex back and also wanting him to pay for what he did. 9/10

4. "I Want You to Want Me": a cover. Personally, I think the vocals here are a tiny bit weak. 4/10

5. "My Innocence": I guess you'd call it a rock ballad? Again talking about her father. Like somebody else said, reminds me of Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" but slower and a little sweeter. Some of the lyrics are weak: "You took my innocence away/I never had a chance to/You broke me in with your mistakes" She never had a chance to what? 4/10.

6. "Little More Personal": If you think of this as a song about getting more real with her fans, it would have worked better as an intro to the album, because there aren't any really deep confessions that are personal on this song. But if you look more at the verses than the chorus, it seems to be directed at a love interest, and it works better that way. Also, some of the vocals on the verses don't seem to be as strong as they could be. Still not one of my favorites. 5/10

7. "If It's Alright": My absolute favorite on the album. It has haunting background music that I can't get enough of. It's about a breakup, the actual process of doing it, not the aftermath like most songs are. I love the accepting mood of the song: "We must have met for some reason...It wasn't a lie/It just wasn't right". Even if you hate Lindsay, if you're a fan of slightly darker pop/rock music kind of Kelly Clarkson-esque in style, I think you should give this a listen. A 10/10, hands-down the best.

8. "If You Were Me": Very catchy and fun to belt along to, but there's a few things that might make you press SKIP: her vocals are a little more like shouting than singing, and there's this terribly annoying background noise that reminds me of my phone ringing. It drives me nuts. Listen to a clip and decide for yourself whether you can take it or not. 5/10

9. "Fastlane": The chorus of this seems a little immature for Lindsay: "So don't wish upon a star/Cuz a star can only get you so far." The rest of it is better. 6/10

10. "Edge of Seventeen": cover of Stevie Nicks. I like it. Interestingly, the lyrics printed in the CD cover have extra verses that Lindsay's song doesn't include. 8/10

11. "Who Loves You": "Who-o-o-o-o, who-o-o-o-o (repeat 2x) loves you?" That's the chorus, and it's ingratiating. I often skip over this song completely. Ugh. Also, a little PG/PG-13 in content, with a swear word partially blanked out. 2/10

12. "Beautiful Life": Very nice power ballad kind of song. Shows she's thankful for her life but that there's a lot of pain in it too. Kind of spiritual--mentions God (interestingly, as a she). Most of the song is really excellent, although there's a little something about the chorus that bugs me. Like "Fastlane" and "Black Hole", it seems like a couple of the lines could have been improved. But overall, it's a great song. 8/10

I hope this helped. A must-buy if you're a die-hard Lindsay fan, of course, but for everyone else, you should give the clips a listen before you decide whether to shell out your cash for it.

Lindsay Lohan : "A Little More Personal (Raw)" (2006, HQ MP3, FULL CD)

Mate where do i get the password to open this .rar ?? :( - Gemini

Post a Comment